Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Global warming? Really?

O.k.
Current amount of snow in Anchorage on the ground...approximately 2-3 inches.
Current amount of snow in St. Louis on the ground...approximately 6.
Take a look at the picture my mother sent me from their first snow storm of the season.


If it was really and truly global warming, shouldn't St. Louis be something like 70 degrees right now?
They (the scientists) say that it (global warming) causes more snow and for it to be colder during the winter? Eh? That makes absolutely no sense on any scale to me, it defies logic & physics. Since when does warming=colder?
It's late, and trying to wrap the logic that the earth is getting warmer but yet we will end up with colder winters and more snow makes no sense what so ever...it's bed time for me.....YAWN.

3 comments:

Swartzie said...

My argument here: Global Warming may not be the appropriate terminology here. BUT- one CANNOT deny the fact the the climate has changed drastically over the last 20-30 years. I will lend you this book I have...

Marzsaetel said...

Sarah, I agree with you...one thing I forgot to mention...did people not read the newspaper when there was articles written on how Venus, Mars & Jupiter's atmosphere's are also warming up.
Geeze, did the Martians like the H2's & Foresters (and the like) so much that they took them home?
Oh, I TOTALLY forgot, A LOT of people that have graduated from High School in the last 10-20 years have a difficult time reading at the 6th grade level...the level that papers are supposedly written in....

Fabián Fucci said...

Geez! I can't believe those birds don't drop flat frozen to the ground!