Tuesday, December 5, 2006

It's a Tropical Heat Wave!!!!!

Could 21 above zero ever be considered warm?
You bet your sweet bucket it is!
Never in a million years would I think that I would ever consider 21 above warm.
Though, then again, I've never thought that I'd experience -39 either.
When I arrived in Fairbanks, just a hair over two weeks ago, when I stepped out of the airport most of the signs ranged from -28 to -40 (I've wondered if there is a competition to see who can register the lowest temp). And it stayed that cold for almost a week. We had a gradual warm up and the highs would hover around -20 to -10 for the next week. Then we finally warmed up really good on 12/4...the official temp was 21 above, though, it was my understanding that a lot of the signs in town were saying 26 to 28 above.
So, when you look at the temp difference from when I arrived and from yesterday...that is a temp difference of anywhere between 50 & 70 degrees difference!!!!! (depending on who you want to believe!)
So, in my book, that would make 21 above, warm.
I mean, heck, you all back in Missouri would be breaking out the shorts & flip flops if it had been 10 above and then it hit 60 or 70, right?

No comments: